Laughlin Consultancy is delighted to announce our latest partnership to help develop the skills analysts need.
Building on our past collaborations, we are partnering with Data Skills for Work to help those in Edinburgh & South East Scotland. As a result of this partnership, Data Skills for Work will provide those who are eligible with Data Skills Credits that cover the cost of attending one of our popular training courses.
What are Data Skills Credits?
Data Skills Credits (DSC) are the funding of £250 up to £1,000 towards the cost of data-related training for people living or working in Edinburgh & South East Scotland. They can be used to fund training offered by further and higher education institutions and other training providers listed on their Skills Portal. The Scheme is funded through the Edinburgh & South East Scotland City Region Deal and administered by The Data Lab Data Skills for Work Programme.
Who is eligible for Data Skills Credits?
You must be living or working in Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife, or the Scottish Borders, not currently undertaking any other education or training and are 24+ years of age and belong to one or more of the groups identified below:
- at risk of redundancy or redundant due to job changes such as automation;
- Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME);
- living with a disability;
- women returning to work or advancing within work;
- earning below £24k per annum;
- unemployed or underemployed.
If you’re unsure about eligibility please get in touch with the Data Skills for Work programme team.
What training is Laughlin Consultancy providing?
To support this great initiative for helping people get back to work in Scotland, Laughlin Consultancy is providing the following training courses:
- The Softer Skills that analysts need to succeed
- Effective Stakeholder Management for analysts
- Effective Data Visualisation (no software required)
What about England, Wales & Northern Ireland?
We hope to see similar initiatives developed in all parts of the UK and when they are, Laughlin Consultancy will be happy to participate. Helping to support the recovery of the UK economy & preparing people for the skills workers will need in future.
In the meantime, if you would like to see similar data skills training credits available where you live, here are some government bodies you could lobby with this example:
- The Working Wales initiative
- UK Government grants & bursaries details
- Careers & Skills advice from NI Direct